Thursday, April 23, 2009

My First Timeless Template!



Hello All!

Have you heard of Lauren Meader's "My Timeless Templates"? They are her designs and available at PaperTreyInk and they are fabulous!

There are several available for purchase and even 2 for free - you should check them out!

One of her newer ones is called Filed with Flair. I love it. It is so cute! I used it to make a stationery set for a friend as part of her bridal shower gift. I used a combo that Lauren did herself on her blog here that combined this template with another template called All Boxed Up.

The picture below shows the base template with the 4 envelopes I created to go inside it:


Next I made the panels to decorate the sides and the back. I used my Baja Breeze CS and my swiss dots cuttlebug folder in my Big Shot to emboss dots on the back panel. As the panel is bigger than the folder, I had to get creative in making sure everything had dots on it.


Then I used the 2nd (smaller) layer to add my flowers to the holder. I used the SU! Fifth Ave floral stamp set because it is just the type of flowers and colors my friend likes. Sorry about the picture being white on white!


Here is what one of the side panels looked like after I finished it. I made 4 panels: the 2 sides and then a front and a back panel. I added a strip of SU! Designer Paper and then some orange ribbon I had that matched the Tangerine Tango nicely.
Here is what it looks like when it is all put together. Notice the back panel so it is pretty from all sides =)


Here is one of the cards I made to go with this set. I wanted to make a bunch of 1 dimensional cards for this as I wanted them to be available quickly for her to jot a thank you note and send it on its way. sorry about the scraproom mess in the background! LOL




I hope you like my creation and if you haven't tried a template - you should! PaperTreyInk is having their blog hop this weekend and everyone will be using these templates this month so be sure to look to see everyone's wonderful ideas! Lauren also has amazing ideas on her blog too!

Before I leave you, I'd like to share a quick picture of me and my hubby. This was before the Final Four weekend just before the Michigan State game. We were so blessed to have his Alma Mater, Villanova, make it to the final four and we got tickets! Isn't he cute?!? =)


Much aloha,

Stephanie

SUPPLIES:

PAPER: PTI: White, SU!: Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Basic Gray

Stamps: PTI: Everyday Classics, SU!: Fifth Avenue Floral

INK: SU!: Tangerine Tango, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Going Gray, Basic Gray

OTHER:

PTI: Classic Card Set, Filed with Flair (MTT), All Boxed Up (MTT)

Cuttlebug: Swiss Dots Embossing Folder

3 comments:

  1. Very nicely done. Everything turned out great. Aren't they fun and easy to do. I have some of the template projects on my blog also, but I didn't do the great tutorial that you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!!! I love what you did with the template. Great color combo.

    I stumbled upon your blog from the PTI forum. Off to go look at your other creations! :)

    ReplyDelete