Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ribbon Lei

I just returned from Hawaii from Grandfather's funeral and in putting together a scrapbook for the funeral I came across a ribbon lei at a craft supply store. I bought the pattern thinking it would something interesting to try back home.
Well here is my first try at it. I used 3/16" feather edge ribbon in purple and green which were our wedding colors. This is currently hanging on one of our picture frames of our wedding photos. It is surprisingly easy to make and is almost like braiding so it is easy to do while watching a movie (but no wine drinking - LOL).
Let me know what you think!

Each of the pictures can be clicked on for a larger view. I also included two details of what the front of the lei looks like and what the back looks like.






Thanks for looking,
Much Aloha,
Steph
SUPPLIES:
RIBBON:
3/16" feather edge ribbon in green and purple
1/4" satin ribbon for finishing bowin green and purple
MISC:
Sticky strip

1 comment:

  1. Kaumaha au nou for the loss of your kupuna kane and my best wishes go out to you and your ohana.

    Great job on the lei, I am sure when you were pau you probably shook your head realizing how easy it was. Now, you need to get into doing more extravagent leis with ribbon, there are so many types.

    A hui hou;

    Kawika K. Kamakeeaina

    ReplyDelete